Electrical Test Engineer (Ref ET0617)
The role of the Electrical Test Engineer will be pivotal to Irwin M&E’s ongoing growth and success and the job role will include:
- A full time post, working 39 hours a week
- Working on large testing contracts throughout Northern Ireland
- Performing thorough electrical inspections of equipment to satisfy Electricity at Work Regulations
- Carrying out infrastructure testing and Emergency Light Testing
- Repairing any problems found as a result of the electrical tests and ensure the equipment passes subsequent tests
- Ensuring all relevant working practices comply with the statutory Health & Safety at Work Act
- Assisting with installation or commissioning of equipment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Time served Electrician
- IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
- City & Guilds 2391 (Testing & Inspection) or City & Guilds 2394 & 2395
- Experience in carrying out EICRs
- Driving Licence
- Amtech Fast Test Software
As part of the “Day-to-Day” nature of this demanding and exciting role it is of equal importance that the candidate:
- Shows ability to manage and deal with multi tasking and heavy workloads, so prioritising is of importance
- Be willing to attend seminars and courses where required
- Be willing to travel
- Be aware of and work within Irwin M&E’s guidelines.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and should you feel you have the ability to meet our criteria to be effective in this exciting role and be part of Irwin M&E’s continual growth, then please send your CV with a covering letter supporting your application to Irwin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th June @ 4pm.
Note: A disclosure will be requested to assist with the decision making process of this position, however a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining the role. Our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders is available on request.