IT Support Trainee (Ref: IT1018)
Irwin M&E have an opportunity for an IT Support Trainee to assist in the provision of first line support to internal users with day-to-day IT problems and IT infrastructure maintenance within the office.
The post-holder will work closely with the IT Analyst and IT Support to provide technical assistance to administrative and managerial staff using the internal ticketing system. On-the-job training will be provided. A summary of potential tasks is listed below:
- Monitor the internal ticketing system, completing support requests where appropriate
- Provide telephone and email support to customers
- Log and process support issues in an efficient manner
- Investigate and diagnose software/hardware issues
- Any other troubleshooting tasks
Skills and Competencies
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Evidence of analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Business awareness/commercial acumen
- Evidence of effective planning, organisational and time management abilities
Whilst not essential it would be advantageous for the candidate to have:
- A good eye for detail
- Some commercial exposure either in a professional role or through a placement of ICT software/hardware
You’ll have a fantastic opportunity to progress your IT career with a growing and supportive firm in this role. Within the IT department you’ll have the chance to gain technical certifications that will be supported by the organisation.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and should you feel you have the ability to meet our criteria to be effective in this exciting role and be part of Irwin’s continual growth, then please send your CV with a covering letter supporting your application to Irwin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th October at 5pm.
We are a Responsible Body for AccessNI. A disclosure check will be undertaken; however a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining this role. Our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders is available on request.