Purchases Administrator (Job Ref PA0119)
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Purchases Administrator will, along with the Purchases Department, be responsible for the purchase ledger process, from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation.
The role is to provide a professional and efficient service to the finance function and provide accurate financial information as required.
The role of the Purchases Administrator will be varied and will include:
- Matching, checking and agreeing supplier invoices and posting to ledger
- Job costing
- Ensuring invoices are authorised and paid on a timely basis
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Data entry
- Being point of contact for supplier enquiries
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers
- Maintaining Key Performance Indicators where required
- Preparing reports and analysis for management team
- Working to deadlines
- Any other duties as required to fulfill the company needs
- Must be computer literate with a knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate a good team ethos
- Articulate with clear verbal communication skills
- Previous experience within an office environment would be advantageous
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising and working with little supervision, and be willing to attend seminars and courses where required while working within Irwin M&E’s guidelines.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Irwin M&E’s continual growth. If you are ready to take your career to the next level and feel you have the ability to meet our criteria, then please send your CV with a covering letter supporting your application to Irwin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: A disclosure will be requested to assist with the decision-making process of this position, however a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining the role. Our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders is available on request.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21st January at 5pm.