Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Adviser
Negotiable depending on experience
Office and site based (Covering NI, ROI & UK)
As SHEQ Adviser, you will be responsible for implementing health & safety procedures and liaising with site project teams to ensure a high-quality service. You will compile site project documentation pre and post tender, complete site inspections and ensure projects are delivered safely and adhering to legislation. You must have the ability to remain motivated in a challenging work environment, have a good eye for detail and be an effective team player.
In this dynamic role, your duties will include:
- Assisting in preparation of Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans / Site Files
- Assisting in preparation of site paperwork including Safe Systems of Work / Risk Assessments / COSHH Assessments / Inductions / Toolbox Talks
- Carrying out Site Inspections
- Assisting with administration of Integrated Management Systems (ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSMS 45001) and other accreditation schemes
- Carrying out Internal Audits
- Attending relevant training as required
- Organising Internal/External training courses
- Sub-Contractor Monitoring
- Assisting with Fleet Management
- Experience within the Construction Industry
- Available to travel to mainland UK on a monthly basis
- IT literate, e.g. competent in MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- Full driving licence
- Good Communicator
- Ability to cope well with varying situations and workloads
- A professional Health and Safety qualification, e.g. NEBOSH general or higher
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Irwin M&E’s continual growth. If you are ready to take your career to the next level and feel you have the ability to meet our criteria, then please send your CV with a covering letter supporting your application to Irwin.email@example.com
We are a Responsible Body for Access NI. A disclosure check will be undertaken, however a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining this role. Our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders is available on request.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th October 2020 at 4pm.