Environmental sustainability is one of the core areas of advice that we offer to our clients, so what better way to demonstrate our commitment than to lead by example?
Irwin M&E has an ISO 14001 accredited Environmental Management System in place, and this is fundamental to how we operate our business. It also defines and sets the standard for the advice that we offer to our clients on making their buildings and operations as energy efficient and economical as possible, ensuring they are using products, services and technologies that are resource efficient.
For example, we manage our carbon footprint and that of our customers through a range of innovative solutions:
- Utilising a GPS tracking system in all company vehicles to ensure the nearest engineer is deployed to a responsive call, reducing diesel consumption
- Providing hybrid company vehicles with charging points installed at our offices, to encourage the reduction in fuel consumption
- Advising clients on the latest solar panel technology, a clean and renewable energy source
- Utilising energy efficient lighting solutions to reduce electric consumption
- Incorporating Combined Heat and Power Units into client projects to reduces electric and oil consumption
We are committed to recycling as much waste as possible from our projects and have attained a level of 95% waste recycling. Cardboard, plastic, metal, batteries and lamps are segregated in preparation for recycling and safe disposal. This has a positive impact on the amount of waste sent to landfill. In addition, we have a dedicated employee responsible for the collection and segregation of waste at all of projects throughout Northern Ireland.