Investing in Local Communities
We are committed to making a positive impact in the local communities where we work.
We are keen to promote local sport at youth and grass roots levels, with a particular focus on diversity and women in sport. We have long standing relationships with established sports and community groups in our local area. Examples of initiatives we are involved in include:
- Donating hockey kits to Armstrong Primary School and Armagh and Lurgan College. We carry out Maintenance Term Contracts for the Education Authority and this was an excellent opportunity to support a local school
- We sponsor local sports clubs through our association with Armagh Hockey Club, Loughgall Football Club and Armagh Rugby Club
- Our Managing Director, Keith Stewart, is a committee member of Armagh Borough Council Sports Forum, responsible for grant aid and sports awards in the local community
Supporting local charities
We regularly organise and support charity fundraising events locally. Examples of some of our initiatives include:
- In 2018 we appointed a ‘Charity of the Year’; – incredABLE. incredABLE is a voluntary organisation creating meaningful social, recreational, and educational opportunities for people with a learning/intellectual disability and/or autism.
- We hold various events throughout the year to raise money, for example breakfast mornings, quiz nights, grand draws and donations from our Christmas jumper day all going towards a worthy cause
- We also had a group of employees who volunteered to take part in a gardening project at the incredABLE Community Centre, Kilkeel.
- In April 2019 employees took part in a community gardening project at Edenderry Nursery School, Portadown
- Over 35 Irwin M&E employees took part in the Belfast Marathon in May 2019 to raise money for Cancer Focus NI
- We will be holding a breakfast morning in May 2019 for the Homeless Drop in Centre in Belfast
- We will also be holding a sponsored 24-Hour Spin-A-Thon in September 2019 with all funds going to Muscular Dystrophy UK
- In December 2019 we are taking part in Mission Christmas Cash for Kids.