Workforce & Wellbeing
Irwin M&E has a dedicated and committed workforce of 159 employees, who constantly go the extra mile to deliver excellent services to our customers. We show our appreciation for their commitment in different ways:
Development and training
Irwin M&E is an Investors in People accredited company and we are dedicated to the training and development of employees:
- We have personalised training plans in place for all employees and provide funding for them to attend courses to further their education and training.
- We have a Monthly Employee Recognition award which is awarded to an employee who has excelled in their role throughout the month. The winner is rewarded with a cash prize and is given a certificate. We feel that this is a fantastic method for rewarding excellence amongst our employees.
- It is also important to recognise employees who have dedicated many years to Irwin M&E and as such we reward employees whom have served us for 10 years+ with a commemorative pen and cash bonus
- We work in partnership with the Southern Regional College to promote M&E apprenticeships, helping them with promotional material and exhibiting at their ‘Big Apprenticeship Event’ held every April
- We employ apprentices from the communities local to our two offices in Portadown and Belfast. We are pleased to be in the position where we can offer placements and aid the development of apprentices and have 25 apprentices working with us. One of our apprentices recently won Apprentice of the Year at the NI Electrical Awards.
We provide a wide range of health and wellbeing services which all employees can avail of.
We have committed to working in cooperation with Health Matters over the next two years and have compiled an Occupational Health Scheme which covers cancer awareness, gym membership, stress awareness etc.
As part of the Health Matters initiative we organise a variety of events throughout the year:
- Health check ‘MOTs’ where employees can avail of free general health care screening, with the aim of leading to better overall health
- ‘Fresh fruit week’ where we provide free fruit for all staff throughout the first week of every month to promote healthy eating.
- We have a team of in-house First Aiders and two Mental Health Champions to provide support to our employees
- Provision of free reusable water bottles for all employees, to promote better health and reduce plastic bottle waste
- Cancer awareness information and back pain information to promote better health
We actively encourage mental health awareness and organise team days out of the workplace where employees can relax and enjoy time together.
Staff training on the subject of stress, where employees can learn how to identify the signs of stress, and what proactive steps can be taken to manage stress.
‘Take 5’ emails are sent to all employees with the message to ‘Take 5 Minutes’ to complete brainteasers and we offer prizes such as free gym membership for the first employees to correctly respond