Irwin M&E is driven by values based on loyalty, safety, innovation and success.
The role of the Electrical Test Engineer will be pivotal to Irwin M&E’s ongoing growth and success and due to the recent procurement of long-term contracts this is an excellent opportunity for established or new test engineers to secure long term work. The job role will include:
- a full-time post, working 39 hours a week
- Working on long term (5-7 years) testing contracts throughout Northern Ireland
- Performing thorough electrical inspections to satisfy BS7671 & Electricity at Work Regulations
- Carrying out fixed wire testing on various installations to include schools, hospitals, industrial & commercial premises
- Completion of Electrical Installation Certificates, Electrical Installation Condition Reports and Minor Works Certificates to a high standard
- Identifying and recording of all deviations from BS7671
- Ensuring all relevant working practices comply with the statutory Health & Safety at Work Act 1978.
- Assisting with installation or commissioning of equipment
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Time served as an Electrician
- IEE Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
- C&G 2391-52, C&G 2394 & 95 or equivalent
- Experience of carrying out fixed wire testing on various installations
- Driving Licence
- IT literate including Word, Excel and Office
The Company Offers
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Working alongside experts in their field
- Health cash plan including compensation for dentistry and optical well being
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Additional holiday increase with length of service
- Team building and activity days
- Monthly employee value-based recognition award – monetary gift
- Health, wellbeing and social calendar of events
- Long service awards
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Irwin M&E’s continual growth. If you are ready to take your career to the next level and feel you have the ability to meet our criteria, then please send your CV to Irwin.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a Responsible Body for AccessNI. A disclosure check will be undertaken; however, a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining this role. Our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders is available on request.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 29th February 2024 at 4pm.
Apply for Job